Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Medicine




I'm working on a dream project, something I've always only dreamt of. The one assignment where word limits don't matter. The one story that lets me go on and on. Muzamil may not be the greatest instructor we've had so far, but there's no denying his genius.

For everyone wondering why he's such a big deal, he's one of the greatest journalists to come out of Kashmir, he's accessible in the Express Building and is pushing us to produce a 3000-word story on a subject of our choosing. I submitted my first draft yesterday and he replied at 2.39 am, why he was awake at that time I don't know, but he replied.

Great first draft. You are a writer and trust me I have seen it
already. Now think. you can polish your intro and turn it into
something amazing. Please rewrite and rewrite and let me see your
second draft before we meet on wednesday.
Muzamil

I ought to frame it but I'm saving it for the times when I lose faith in myself and need picking up.     This is the most important sign that I'm on the right track. I'm going to read this and kick my depressed self whenever required from now on. 
For all those still wondering why Muzamil Jaleel is a big deal, here you go -
http://www.mukto-mona.com/human_rights/my_lost_country.htm 
http://www.antiwar.com/engelhardt/?articleid=4818 

No comments:

Post a Comment

open your flaps