Saturday, April 14, 2012

Warming Up


At around 8.30 pm today, after longer than an elephant can remember, inspiration FINALLY struck my bamboozled head. The timing couldn't be better, because it's a sure-fire sign that I won't submit 4000 words of crap as my research project.

So this is a master's dissertation sort of thingy part of my journalism course at Express Institute of Media Studies. I'm looking at continental food in the capital city's backpacker capital Paharganj. I couldn't have landed a dreamier story. Only thing is, a lot has already been written about the place which could have put me off but it's made my job easier because I know now what I can't do. It does limit the field a bit but opens up the window for originality and quirkiness, which is going to be the selling point of the piece. The carrot on the stick here is the one in a million chance for the story to appear in The Indian Express. But irrespective of that, it's gotta be amazing.

I couldn't think of a better way to warm up because the deadline is tomorrow. Words are flowing in my head. I'm out. Here we go.

2 comments:

  1. hi, i am a student applying to Express Insitute of Media studies delhi and i was wondering how the course and the college is as i have not heard much abt it and there isnt enough on the internet as well. could you help me get an idea of what kind of a place it is? how are the teachers, students, facilities and quality of education???

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's the best place to study journalism, not only because the course is in delhi where everything happens but also because the entire faculty comprises professional journlaists working for the indian express. the approach is very practical and very hands-on. the size of the class is small - not more than 25, so you get a LOT of attention.

    ReplyDelete

open your flaps