Friday, June 25, 2010

Return of the Dhruvster

I never thought I’d run into him again. Not after I nearly broke his leg (at least in my head). But there he was, sauntering in my turf, down my stairs, in Maaaay College. Shock didn’t quite cover my reaction. This was a dumbstruck, eye-popping stare that should have turned him to dust.

Just as I was about to demand what he thought he was doing here and whether he’s lost his way, he comes up to, throws around a smile and tells me he’s a student here! He dropped out last year only to return this year. I tried to be as pleasant as possible, in a non-menacing way, but it just wouldn’t come. He went away just as my jaw was getting sore from all that grimacing.

He turned up again the next day. This time I was delighted to see that his left arm was in a cast. His full sleeves were covering it the other day. I flashed him an ear-to-ear monkey grin in greeting. He wouldn’t be playing football anytime soon but hoped to be fit in time for the university season to begin.

So see the situation couldn’t be better. Not only am I his senior but get to use all my influence within the college to get him trouble, get pushed off stairs, stuck in lifts etc. Must remember to tell the coach and his teachers to give him hell, graduation year is going to be one heck of a ride!

2 comments:

  1. its my duty to make his life hell, no one told him to come here and now that he has, he will pay.

    ReplyDelete

open your flaps