Saturday, May 1, 2010

another sunday morning

I’m going to the beach to play football tomorrow, like i do every Sunday. Being part of and playing for P.W.F.C. (Pandurang Waadi Football Club) is something I’m very proud of. Tomorrow will be different. As usual I’m going to play to win but also this once, to injure. I think of myself as incapable of harming another human being. Yet tomorrow I will, at least, I will try.

My right leg still hurts from the bad tackle I got last week. And that’s the leg I must use to hurt the wrongdoer. The chump’s name is Dhruv, the kind of guy with great stamina and who can play any position, and well too. He’s normally quite fun to play against, running around a lot, cracking jokes etc. He plays clean too, which isn’t to say that he doesn’t tackle.

He does. And with his shoes hitting our bare feet, it hurts. A lot. And so I must invoke the Roy Keane spirit and put him out of the match tomorrow like he did to me did last week. I want to hurt him, watch him writhe in pain and maybe even spit on his face as an insult to injury because I’m sick of asking him to remove his shoes while everyone else plays barefoot and him not caring a damn. I’m tired of his unnecessary tackles that can really hurt. I don’t want him trying those stupid antics on any of my teammates. And injury prone as he is, I want him to know what a real injury feels like and that I’m not going to take this lying down.

Most of all, I want revenge, to pay him back, hit him hard on the calf and make him wonder for about an hour if he’ll play football again this week.

My grandma says i shouldn’t be vindictive when it comes to sports, my team-mates say this isn’t a serious injury. I know and that’s the reason I’ve recovered in time to make amends. And this once, I’m not going to listen to my grandma. See you after the showdown and even if there isn’t one. Until then, Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur!

No comments:

Post a Comment

open your flaps