Sunday, May 2, 2010

The outcome

I couldn’t do it. He was right before me, running around like an idiot. I had my chances, I came real close at times but I didn’t get him.

I don’t know what stopped me brining him down, maybe it was the fear of injuring my leg further in the process or fouling him in the penalty area and drawing an unnecessary penalty. I defended the ball pretty well though, and kept him away, clipping on his heels as soon as he was on it. My best chance came when he was nearly through on goal and I had to stop him getting there. I did, shoving him off the ball and winning the physical battle for the first time. I should have swung my leg across his ankle right then while trying to keep him from scoring. I didn’t do it.

This confirms my long held belief that I just can’t bring myself to harm another human being, no matter what the circumstances, not without my conscience giving me hell. Thanks for all the advice Malik, for telling me what to do to guarantee maximum pain, but I just couldn’t do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

open your flaps