Sunday, May 30, 2010

P.W.R. – 15 and half hours in LalaLand

It’s not always intentionally that you create a personal world record (P.W.R.). Sometimes, they just happen when you aren’t expecting them. That’s what makes them so cool. You don’t even need to awake to be a record-holder. For example you could go to sleep at night and wake up to find yourself proudly holding a P.W.R. for the longest sleepwalk. Of course, when you do wake you might end up taking a naked stroll with the penguins bang in the middle of you-know-where and icicles will have formed on your nipples and who knows where else.


On 31st October, 2009, I added another record to my collection. I slept for 15 and half hours. I remember sleeping somewhere around midnight and waking up at 1530 hours the next day. I’ve always thought I was capable of pulling off such a caper but I’d never consciously tried it. Turns out, I didn’t need to. I’m not sure of all that happened in between my snores but I’m sure it wasn’t anything I missed including that shower of thick dark chocolate that smothered Kashmir – gotcha!

Bottomline – the world may end, Rakhi Sawant may decide to pose and weird, slimy half penguin-half snail crossbreeds may cover the earth in goo, but I ain’t gonna ever wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

open your flaps