Monday, September 26, 2011

Gifting Myself An Early Birthday Present


Goodbye Beautiful Beard (July - September 25)


I got a shave today, for the first time since July something. It's not like I've sold out on my caveman image. I've just realized that I can't grow a beard without picking at it every waking minute. I'm not sick of beards just yet but I think I think I've identified some kind of ideal length beyond which I shouldn't allow the grass to grow. So yeah, I walked into a pint-sized barbershop in Dayanand Colony this morning on impulse and was out 20 minutes later feeling and looking a different man.

I indulge in these radical transformations four or five times a year but my new classmates in Delhi aren't ready for it yet. I can already imagine their expressions and reactions in a few hours.

What's weird about today is that the need to clean up came from within, when it's normally the threat of being thrown out of the house that forces me to take the step. My mother's halfway across the country and frankly, there's no pressure, so I must be losing my mind.
The girls are right, I have turned into the un-Srinath.
Hope it makes the grandparents happy on Thursday.
The only consolation - it doesn't look gay.


The Aftermath (September 25 - hopefully very soon) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

open your flaps