Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Missing in (Ma)action



And this lady is my Mother (one of many). She's run away to Leeds as well. I couldn't call her en route to the airport so this is my weepy goodbye message. There's a fair chance I'll have forgotten about it when she returns in a year's time. Have fun in Blighty Krithika.




In a little Mumbai village
Where it's acceptable to pillage

There used to live a girl
Whose hair didn't ever curl

With a name like Krithika Iyer
And a voice like the town crier

She's miss goody two shoes
Part butterfly, part recluse

Something about her almond eyes
Assure you they they hide no lies

She's not my first momma
Nor a number separated by a comma

I can't be her exclusive son
That would mean injustice done

But I won't add any to that list
While she enjoys the English mist.

The brightest and wisest of us all
Yet defending us like a wall

She's gone to Leeds to be brilliant
And she'll return jubilant

And so we can wait a year
To once again see our precious momma bear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

open your flaps