Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ode to Pops



He's my father this man is and he's all of 24. He abruptly launched into a family some two and a half years ago and he's managed to keep it going ever since. He left to study Marketing and Branding at the University of Leeds on Wednesday and even though I haven't seen him since I left Bombay on August 30, I miss him like hell already. I don't usually rhyme, so it's even more obvious now that this nutcase is really important to me. Until we meet again in around a year's time, I hope this temporary goodbye message does justice to the occasion. 


You stand six feet off the ground
Your wisdom is profound

That gap between your eys and hair
Covers a brain beyond compare

You'll always be a failed engineer
Even though it's copy that you now hold dear

This you can't ever refute,
Like your wit I won't dispute.

The little thing in your pocket,
that you call a wallet

Hold a lot of notes and dimes
That I've begged for too many times

But you're a real miser,
Who loves his Budweiser

Sometimes you splash the cash
And throw a big bash

And get everybody thirsty
For a mad maaza party!

You're not my first pop
The list won't ever stop stop

But you've always been around
Whenever my world went round

From pulling up my pants
To reading all my rants

You've been at my beck and call
Despite being a baap to us all.

Now that you've gone to the U.K.
Thane won't ever be okay

Your kids may go to jail
But you'll come online to post bail

This may come late and out of the blue
But just remember I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

open your flaps